Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, particularly because I love giving gifts. It’s my way of showing my loved ones how important they are to me and thanking them for the time and effort they put into my life. If you’re anything like me, you stress every year about giving the perfect gift! Check out my gift giving guide to help you buy a Christmas present for everyone in your lives, including your furry family members.
For your spouse
Tickets I like the idea of a gift you can have fun with together as a couple. Things like tickets to a movie you know they want to see, a broadway show, a local museum exhibit, or concert tickets to see their favorite musician. Want something a little simpler? Stuff a stocking full of their favorite candy and other small items, such as, gift cards and body sprays.
For the children
Games Most children today haven’t experienced life without electronics. Why not give them an “old fashioned” way to play, with these best selling games on Amazon:
Yahtzee My step-mom taught me how to play this last year. I love it!
Lets Go Fishing For the younger kiddos. I remember playing this with my grandma.
For your parents
Personalized Gifts I have always loved giving my parents personalized gifts. I’ve purchased products from Personalization Mall and Shutterfly. I bought this personalized glass poem for my dad last year. Because my mom owns tons of jewelry I bought her this personalized jewelry box a few years ago as well. It will mean a lot to those who raised you to receive such a thoughtful gift.
For your friends
Beauty If your friend enjoys beautifying herself, put tougher a small basket of make-up, lotions and sprays, or a variety of face masks.
Handmade gifts A good friend will appreciate any kind of hand made gift. If you have the skills, consider making a piece of jewelry, a scarf, or a simple home decor item. I cherish these gifts simply because they are from someone very special to me and because it’s a true gift made from the goodness of their hearts.
For the newly weds
House Warming It can be hard to think of a gift for a newly wed couple that they don’t already own. Weather they are actually getting married in the month of December or recently married, but you want to give the couple a Christmas present, think outside of the box with these gifts.
Customized Doormat Welcoming guests with her new last name
Personalized Holiday Serving PlateThey can host their first holiday party with this festive serve ware.
Personalized Coasters Don’t let them ruin their new furniture!
For the reader
- Bookmarks You can never have enough bookmarks! I’m a book lover myself and I’m always happy to be adding more bookmarks to my growing collection of both handmade and store bought.
- Books If someone is an avid reader they might have already read the top books of 2017. I’ve listed a few of the top selling novels from this past year in no particular order:
Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Now a major motion picture!)
The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood (Award Winning Netflix series!)
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (New York Times Best Seller. Over one million copies sold! I highly recommend for newly wed gift)
- Gift Cards If someone you know reads books on a tablet or e-reader, a gift card for Barnes and Noble or Amazon will surely make them smile.
For your Pet
- Barkbox A monthly subscription box of toys and treats just for your pup!
- Kong Toy This classic chew toy is available in six sizes and can be filled with treats. It’s the best of both worlds!
- Sleeping Bag for small dogs or Blanket Plush paw throw available in small, medium, and large.
- Furbo dog camera and treat dispenser. Watch your dog, listen, and talk to them from your smartphone when you’re away from home. Press a button to automatically throw a treat!
- Bergan Turbo Scratcher Amazon’s number one best selling cat toy!
- Cat Cube House Available in different designs and easy to assemble. Includes a one year warranty.
- Catnip Toy Fish toy with organic catnip and crinkle sounds the cat will love!
- Cat Charmer Wand Interactive toy excellent for aerobic exercising
For the Christ follower
- War Room Feature Film From the award-winning creators of Fireproof and Courageous comes War Room, a compelling drama with humor and heart that explores the power that prayer can have on marriages, parenting, careers, friendships, and every other area of our lives.
- Books The Battle Plan for Prayer Or Fervent Create a movie bundle kit including these books inspired by the film War Room.
- Daily Devotionals Perfect for the new year!
- Personalized bibles are great as well.
- Sentimental Gifts I offer cross necklaces, prayer journal kits, and other gifts through my christian gift shop on Etsy. Hurry and get yours soon! My shop will be on holiday vacation starting December 16.
- Bible Journaling Illustrated Faith offers the best supplies available for bible journaling.
The Music Lover
- Bluetooth Headphones Available in five colors. Foldable portable headset, soft comfortable earmuffs, and holds 13 hour charge while listening to music. Bluetooth ability connects to pc, tablets, cellphones, and televisions up to 33 feet distance.
- USB Mix Tape Give the gift of a nostalgic modern mix tape! 8GB flash drive holds music, videos, and photos.
- Wireless Shower Speaker Waterproof with built in rechargeable battery lasting six hours and bluetooth ability.
- Band Posters There is nothing better than a poster of their favorite band!
For the Creative One
- The Artist Depending on what their speciality is, weather it’s painting or drawing, an artist would love quality paint brushes, paint, or drawing pencils.
- The Sewer A cute storage basket filled with new fabric scissors, thread, and patterns.
- The Crafter Anything and everything! Stickers, stamps, punches, paper, embellishments. Pretty much anything in the craft store.
- The Jewelry Maker Beads, charms, pendants, chains, findings, new tools.
- The Colorist Adult coloring has become a major hobby all over the world. Coloring enthusiasts would love any kind of coloring book, coloring supplies, such as, markers, gel pens, or artist quality brand colored pencils, like, Prismacolor, Derwent, or Faber Castell.
If you’re overwhelmed with exactly what to buy for the creative person in your life, you can’t go wrong with a gift card. (Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, Joann’s, or their local art store.) I will tell you, that gift card will be used almost immediately!
Make sure you order soon for Christmas delivery. Happy Giving!